[squeak-dev] Problem with changes file write permissions on Mac OS X

Mikael Kindborg mikael.kindborg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 20:08:50 UTC 2008

Hi, many thanks for the reply! I think the problem is related to the
subclass issue I wrote about in the previous message. When debugging
what was going on, I noticed that FileDirectory searches its
subclasses when deciding which default class to use, and as it
happened I had a subclass that was selected as the default
FileDirectory class this way, and that somehow (have not looked into
that part yes) caused the write-permission problem. This would also
explain that it worked on Windows (where the subclass is not selected
because it does not return the matching pathNameDelimiter) and failed
on Mac/Unix because of the delimiter match.
Very best regards, Micke