[squeak-dev] Building (Linux) VM - with segfaults. that point to audio

Tim Johnson tjohnson at iwu.edu
Mon Nov 17 20:13:11 UTC 2008

On Nov 14, 2008, at 6:56 PM, Brad Fuller wrote:

> I assume it got built and is located internally in the vm proper.
>
> Any ideas? I have a feeling I just missed something completely easy in
> the setup.
> Or, could this be because I'm running 64bit? Since everything else
> is working?

Brad,

Just a completely random hunch, but have you checked to make sure that
Squeak is outputting audio at the same frequency (44.1 kHz or 48 kHz)
that your Linux audio setup is set to?  I apologize that I don't have
more specific information re: how to achieve this in your particular
setup.  I know my Squeak VM crashed on OpenBSD because my audio
hardware was running at I believe 22050 Hz and Squeak expected
something different (e.g. 44100).

Cheers,
Tim J