[squeak-dev] smalltalk and Web stuff

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Sun Nov 23 09:42:31 UTC 2008

Hi Frieadrich,

Friedrich wrote:
> well I know this is way to  general. But I'd like nevertheless get
> some pointers. AFAIKG is Seaside the "first" Web framework for
> Smalltalk, I've just downloaded AIDA/Web and am playing around it a
> bit.
>
> But let me as this  question nevertheless. What alternatives are there
> for a "pure" Smalltalk Web presence? Currently my systems are  mixture
> of Apache for static stuff and some other  web servers to which Apache
> proxies (please bear with  me that it's Ruby based ;-).

AIDA/Web apps/websites are running as pure Smalltalk web presence, from
dynamic to static content, movies included. No Apache needed, Swazoo as
integral part of Aida is there to serve directly to the web.

 From your list below we are covering out of the box now all except
webshop. Maybe not yet perfectly but we are on the way there. See SPM
(Squeak Project Manager) for instance, this is Trac like portal for your
project, covering from Wiki, bug/issue tracking to code repository
access. See for example the SPM for Aida/Scribo CMS http://scribo.aidaweb.si

Best regards
Janko

--