[squeak-dev] Files documentation

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 24 20:05:19 UTC 2008

Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
> David and Keith: Thanks you for your reply.
>
> I will see and try to use RIO. However, what I need to do is very
> simple. I have already add log to SqueakDBX. Till now, the log just
> print in Transcript. The problem is that sometimes I get a
> segmentation fault and I cannot see transcript any more haha. So, I
> would like to be able to log into a log file.
>
> If I think I could give some useful feedback be sure I will let you know.
>
> cheers,
>
> Mariano

Ah! Logging! Why didnt you say so.

We would like to move Squeak to use some form of proper logging
interface, rather than blindly throwing stuff at transcript show. (which
is not thread safe)

The current proposal is "Logging". (Installer install: 'Logging') This
provides a front end to the users choice of available logging
frameworks. Toothpick, and SimpleLog are currently supported.

Documentation: http://installer.pbwiki.com/Logging

regards

Keith