[squeak-dev] Re: SystemEditor

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 22:59:48 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 02:53:17PM -0800, Andreas Raab wrote:
> Hi Colin -
>
> I was looking over SystemEditor and one thing that really surprised me
> was the use of ClassEditors as proxies. What is the reasoning behind it?
> It makes the design difficult to understand and extremely hard to debug
> - I gave up trying to find out what causes the issue with class
> migration when I effectively couldn't debug the editors since all they
> would show me were those pretend-classes. Is there some sort of debug
> mode to turn off all that evil magic? ;-)

yes. from the context of a class editor, do this:

self system debug: true

I got fed up with that myself today and made debug mode the
default. I havn't committed that change yet.

The problem with migration is most likely in InstanceMigrator.
I'm looking into that myself. It is a new bug. This used to
work.