[squeak-dev] Re: SystemEditor

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Nov 27 02:16:13 UTC 2008

Matthew Fulmer wrote:
>> self system debug: true
>>
>> I got fed up with that myself today and made debug mode the
>> default. I havn't committed that change yet.
>
> Committed: SystemEditor-Squeak-mtf.160

After loading that version and executing:

   ed := SystemEditor new.
   (ed at: #SimpleButtonMorph) addInstVarName: #foo.
   ed commitWithProgress.

nothing at all happens, e.g., no variable gets added to
SimpleButtonMorph (this is in 3.10.7159 in case it matters). The same
for mtf.161 which I tried as well.

Is there something resembling a "stable" version of SystemEditor that I
can use to try some of the harder tasks on? The experience so far is a
bit unsatisfying given that SE doesn't execute basic tasks correctly.

Cheers,
   - Andreas