[squeak-dev] Squeak website now runs on Aida/Scribo

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Wed Oct 1 20:05:34 UTC 2008

Dear Squeakers,

I'm glad to report that during the weekend we switched our website from
SmallWiki to Aida/Scribo CMS and so far the website runs smoothly and
without glitches. Well, I don't count the server here...

This is a first step of webteam website renovation plan to serve even
better to our community and also to be a nice window for the outside
world to see, how advanced technology we have and how nice community we
are.

There are many plans in the future, first one will be a better Contact
us page so that we and newcomers will be able to contact the community
more easily. Next one is to make the site multi-lingual, so that
language communities will have the content in its own language. Next
major plan is a graphical redesign of the site.

Let me point to the one of very useful features of the new website: a
real-time statistics with counting the visitors of the first page, all
pages, all hits, today, yesterday, until now, hourly, daily, monthly:

	http:/www.squeak.org/stats.html

and specially referrers, that is where visitors come from, which page,
blog post or article refers them to our site:

	http://www.squeak.org/stat.html?view=referers

I hope you'll enjoy the renovated website. Any suggestion,
recommendation, comment is welcome!

Janko
Webteam leader