[squeak-dev] Squeak/Pharo as service on Windows

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Thu Oct 9 23:37:06 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I am trying to run a Pharo+Seaside image as a service on XP and
ultimately win2k3, and just got it going on xp at least using the
appraoch documented on the Wiki:

  http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/105

I will try it on 2k3 either tonight or tomorrow.

Recommendations point toward using svrany, but I cannot get that to
work.  Windows gives me a message along the lines of "the service
started and then stopped" and further says that some services stop if
they have nothing to do.  Any ideas what might be going on, how I might
debug it, etc.?  If you strongly disagree with the recommendation to use
svrany, please say so.  However, I am still curious about what might be
going wrong and how to find it.

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida