[squeak-dev] Re: Building the freetype-plugin for win32

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Oct 10 00:04:55 UTC 2008

David T. Lewis wrote:
> If it is *not* actively maintained elsewhere and if it is MIT licensed,
> would it help to add it to the VMMaker project on SqueakSource? I can
> volunteer to harvest small changes if nobody else is doing it.

I'm -0 on this proposal, mostly because the freetype plugin
intrinsically depends on the rest of freetype so you can't load or
generate it without having the rest loaded. Given this, having the
plugin in VMMaker probably only increases confusion since now there is
the plugin, but not the rest of freetype. I think it would be better if
there were a canonical repository for freetype (incl. the plugin) that
were accessible to other developers.

Cheers,
   - Andreas