[squeak-dev] OutputDebugString() or equivalent?

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sat Oct 11 00:29:52 UTC 2008

I am still struggling with a service that either will start and
immediately stop, or will run but appears unable to listen on port 8080.
 Usually with things like this, I simply litter code with some type of
tracing (often OutputDebugString() calls on Windows), and try to bracket
the problem.  This seems like a good candidate for it, because attaching
a debugger to Squeak (particuarly for the case in which it won't stay
running) sounds like a LOT more trouble than printing "got this far"
messages until I know where it quits.

-log: has not been much help.  Is there something similar to the change
or error logs that might be appropriate to use?

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology