[squeak-dev] Re: About classVariables

nicolas cellier ncellier at ifrance.com
Mon Oct 13 21:38:59 UTC 2008

Craig Latta a écrit :

> Hi Nicolas--
>
>  > That's how it works indeed, but the example I provided sounds then
>  > like very misleading (a bug?):
>  >
>  > UndefinedObject class allClassVarNames includes: #ObsoleteSubclasses.
>  >
>  > which is a class var of Behavior...
>
>      (UndefinedObject class) is an instance of Metaclass, and Metaclass
> is a subclass of Behavior, so I would expect Behavior's class variable
> names to show up in a list of all the class variables names for
> (UndefinedObject class).

Well not exactly... I make a parallel reasonning:

nil is an instance of UndefinedObject, UndefinedObject is a subclass of
Object, so I expect Object's class variable names to show up in a list
of all the class variables names for nil

nil doesNotUnderstand: #allClassVarNames

It runs through (UndefinedObject class superclasses) rather than
(UndefinedObject class class).

UndefinedObject class < Object class < ProtoObject class < Class <
ClassDescription < Behavior

>      I swear I'm getting real work done. ;)

Oh yes, this thread is really bound to be unproductive.
You do not need to answer this!