[squeak-dev] People.squeakfoundation.org still useful?

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 23:38:33 UTC 2008

2008/10/15 Janko Mivšek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si>:
> When I came to Squeak, SqueakPeople was and still is one of my more
> sympathetic things the Squeak community have. Loosing it it will be a loss
> for us.
>
> I think with a little modernization SqueakPeople can become popular
> again. With changing diaries to a full-blown blog for instance. Everyone can
> then have a blog for free, that is, for zero time needed to set up. Just one
> idea. Also that admirations/certifications are interesting. At least I found
> them such when I registered first time for my first voting. At that time I
> played with that a bit more and it is my feeling that with such admirations
> you can actually reward and encourage someone for his work. And any such
> little encouragement is welcome in these times, IMHO.

+1

The certification system is one of the nicest features of SqP. But
apart from that, another facilities is minimal.
It would be good to modernize it and convert it to something more than
just place to identify people/voting.
In my vision it would be cool to merge facilities of
SqueakSource/SqueakMap + Blog + issue tracker + wiki + SqP to form
something like squeak planet/world. But its a bit too ambitious :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.