[squeak-dev] Re: Squeaksource weirdness

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Oct 15 20:16:17 UTC 2008

Philippe Marschall wrote:
> 2008/10/15, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de>:
>> Philippe Marschall wrote:
>>> The problem is that there is one search functionality for two
>>> different kinds of searches. If you search for projects (like you did)
>>> you don't want the behavior. If you search for versions, then you want
>>> it.
>> Even if I were looking for versions of a package I probably wouldn't
>> start by putting the search pattern into the projects search. Or does
>> this actually search through all the versions of all projects to find
>> potential matches?
>
> Yes.

Oh. Cool. I had no clue. That is actually a very useful feature that I
had no idea even existed.

>> If so, all it takes is probably a short explanation
>> in the project search that explains this behavior.
>
> What would you suggest?

Something to the point: This search will find both projects as well as
packages inside projects with matching names.

Alternatively, you could have a search for projects and a separate
search for packages (there is certainly enough space on that page).

Cheers,
   - Andreas