[squeak-dev] documentation on squeak vm api

bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 16 21:13:26 UTC 2008

John McIntosh writes:
 > On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 12:47 AM, Kjell Godo <squeaklist at gmail.com> wrote:
 > > So where do I start to study the VM?
 > > i have heard about a VM simulator inside of Squeak.
 > > But I don't know offhand where it is at in there.
 >
 > Check the mailing list archives for information about it.
 >

 > > What do you think about Exupery?
 > > Could this eventually be used to output the VM?
 >
 > Earlier versions of the mac vm had Exupery support built in, there was
 > no interest from anyone to make it work. So we currently wait on the
 > Cog work Eliot is doing.

Exupery is continuing development. Progress is slowly moving towards
a 1.0. It's still not quite reliable enough, but hopefully one more
bug fix and it will be...

We've even had working Mac VMs built. The trick is to avoid gcc 4.0,
which is unfortunately what Apple ships with XCode or to disable
gcc optimisation.

Bryce