[squeak-dev] [Q] Are there any example/link on Input Method Extension for Squeak?

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Fri Oct 17 21:17:12 UTC 2008

  Hello,

> I want to create input method extension for Squeak(squeak native one,
> not OS thing). I thought there once was a code/changeset for Korean/
> Japanese but I lost the link T_T.

  There is very old code that accesses the dictionary from the SKK
project:

http://sumim.no-ip.com:8080/collab/uploads/61/KanaInputForEucSkkDic36.cs.gz

or full information in Japanese:

http://sumim.no-ip.com:8080/wiki/677

> What I want to create is for Korean input.

  For Korean, you could start from the ParagraphEditor in the Etoys
image (#zapSelectionWithCompositionWith: method and friends).

  That version only handles the mapping from a decomposed sequence
to a pre-composed character, but I could imagine to extend it so that
a hangul character can be composed from a sequence of jamo in a
similar way.

-- Yoshiki