[squeak-dev] Re: Bug with valueWithReceiver:arguments:

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Mon Oct 27 07:44:22 UTC 2008

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 06:45:20 +0100, John M McIntosh wrote:

> Er, my only comment on this is that although
> in C it's defined as
>
> sqInt success(sqInt);
>
> but it's written as
> success: successValue
> 	successFlag := successValue & successFlag.

> so what does
>   [ ... ^ self success: true]
> actually return?

I didn't think about possible implementation (not deep enough, as said
earlier).

So how about [ ... ^ successFlag := true] perhaps without ^ (except for
documentation).

Would that tell the outer #primitiveResponse to not activate the same
method a 2nd time.

> On Oct 26, 2008, at 7:13 PM, Eliot Miranda wrote:
>
>> Perhaps #primitiveExecuteMethod should end with an explicit [ ... ^
>> self success: true] in its true-branch (this is just a thought, I have
>> as yet not
>
> --
> ===
> John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>
> ===

"If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it".
Albert Einstein