[squeak-dev] Re: UTF8 - squeak

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 01:38:39 UTC 2008

Many thanks to all of you. Finally I could have UTF8 in squeak in linux. The
things I have to do are:

1) Run UnicodeInputSupport-jlrr.1.cs
2) SQUEAK_ENCODING SQUEAK_TEXTENC LC_CTYPE  were not necessary
3) This work perfect with the OLPC VM I compile by myself

However, It doesn't work with the other VM I have (installed trought apt-get
if I rember ok). I think Jose Luis told me this. With this vm, if I want "á"
I get an "a?".  And if I use this vm what with an image with
UnicodeInputSupport-jlrr.1.cs no matter with key I press I get "[".

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Mariano