[squeak-dev] Re: MacOSX VM and scripts

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Sep 4 07:45:50 UTC 2008

Bergel, Alexandre wrote:
> I am now trying to provide a script name in the command line to execute
> a script after having open the image. However scripts are not loaded
> apparently.

The first thing you should is to look at the arguments that are actually
coming into the image:

0 to: 10 do:[:i|
   arg := Smalltalk getSystemAttribute: i.
   arg ifNotNil:[Transcript cr; show: i; tab; show: arg].
].

If the script is in there then it's handling in the image that is wrong,
otherwise it's the VM. If it's in the image you can either write code
that looks at the args explicitly (good choice if your image is
effectively an app and not a development image) or if it's a dev-image,
use AutoStart/AbstractLauncher (how I hate these "Abstract" class names
- why is this not called AutoLauncher?). Check out
CommandLineLauncherExample for this.

Cheers,
   - Andreas