[squeak-dev] The state of Squeak I18n support: let's improve it

Katerina Barone-Adesi katerinab at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 20:26:12 UTC 2008

> Thank you for continuing to pursue this and especially for sending out
> these periodic progress reports.  I don't have any particular use for
> the result at this time, but it is interesting nonetheless and is an
> issue of importance to many people.

Gladly.  In turn, I'd like to thank everyone who's worked on Squeak
i18n, and everyone who's helped me try to get a working setup.

An addendum to my previous email: copy-paste behavior is extremely
strange with the OLPC vm and updated OLPC image.  I can copy text in
Russian or Japanese (for instance, from wikipedia) into Squeak, and it
displays perfectly.  I can copy the 'gibberish' that I typed and
showed in the screenshot in my previous email into other programs, and
it displays correctly in the other programs.  However, if I try to
copy correctly-display Japanese or Russian from Squeak into other
programs, it simply doesn't work: the clipboard seems to be empty, and
nothing is pasted when I click 'paste'.

Kat