[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] September 2008 versions

Ralph Johnson johnson at cs.uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 10 13:27:03 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 3:30 AM, Damien Cassou <damien.cassou at gmail.com> wrote:

> What do you want me to do for future dev images? Do you want me to
> include or exclude this buggy NiceFonts?

No.  If you characterize it as "buggy" then don't include it.

Every package has bugs, if you look hard enough.  But some we think of
as "not buggy" and some we think of as "buggy".  Only include packages
that you think of as "not buggy".

Notice that "you" means Damien.  As a general rule, it means "whoever
is making the distribution", as in "If you are making a distribution
that you expect many other people to build upon, only include packages
that you think of as not buggy".

-Ralph