[squeak-dev] Re: Troubleshooting and/or recovering from VM hang?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Sep 15 20:59:58 UTC 2008

Am 15.09.2008 um 22:51 schrieb Jerome Peace:

> 3.10.2 can't read the pr because something in the encoding does
> not conform with utf8.
> Projects can only be trusted to load into the versions that saved
> them.

There are mechanisms in place that can be used to ensure backwards
compatibility, meaning that an older project can be made to load in
newer images ...

> Or find an etoys or squeakland image and get it working in that.

... which is why newer Etoys images should load older projects fine.
If a project was saved in an earlier Squeakland image and does not
load in a later one we consider that to be a bug.

- Bert -