[squeak-dev] MonticelloConfiguration and Installer questions

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 16 23:07:39 UTC 2008

Keith Hodges wrote:

>>  in my image and I get the same walkback.  I don't believe that
>> Installer handles MCM files correctly at all
>>
> I do, since I load Magma using an mcm, and have done for months. However
> I realise that I used this method:
>
> Installer installUrl:
> 'http://www.squeaksource.com/Magma/Magma%201.0r40%20server%20configuration.mcm'.
>
> not this method:
>
> Installer squeaksource project: 'MagmaTester' ; install: 'Magma 1.0r40
> server configuration.mcm'.
>
> I have included your latest patch in latest. If this works it will use
> the multiple package loader, and with atomic loading enabled it should
> load the whole caboodle atomically.

Hi David,

I just went back to your original simple fix to Installer, but changed
MCConfiguration-#load to use MCVersionLoader. This will enable all users
of mcm's to take advantage of atomic loading (not just Installer). I
would be grateful if you could check if it works with your packages,
just in case I did something stupid.

regards

Keith