[squeak-dev] Re: About Eliot FFi changes

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 16:57:58 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 10:00 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <
marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, but these are "changes" or "refactors" ?.

It is an alternative FFI.

> I mean, do these changes affect FFI uses, public interface or something?
> Suppose I am using FFI in a project, should I care about this ?

No.  It is being used in the Newspeak system and I will probably use
elements of it in my work at Qwaq and eventually it may be used to augment
or reimplement parts of the existing FFI.  But that's in the future and so
you don't need to worry about it yet.

HTH
Eliot