[squeak-dev] Making morphs scriptable

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 22:16:00 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 06:25:10AM +0100, Robert Hawley wrote:
> There is an eToys scriptable DiceMorph and an eToys scriptable CalculatorMorph on SqueakMap. I'd welcome comments or bug reports.
>
> The calculator can be driven entirely from scripts, which makes it quite fun and potentially interesting for schools.
>
> The DiceMorph is a reasonably simple example of how to make a morph scriptable.

I made a somewhat simple one for a school project. It is a
circular/eliptical gauge derived from SimpleSliderMorph and
WatchMorph. It's value, min/max value, and some drawing
parameters are etoys scriptable. I extensively commented it.

http://www.squeaksource.com/gauge/Otter-mtf.5.mcz

After loading that, use this project. It only works in Squeak
3.9 and above. The fonts are messed up for some reason
http://www.public.asu.edu/~mtfulmer/GaugeProject.002.pr