[squeak-dev] Advice from Plugin gurus

Gerardo Richarte gera at corest.com
Mon Sep 22 11:55:43 UTC 2008

Igor Stasenko wrote:
> 2008/9/22 Gerardo Richarte <gera at corest.com>:
>
>>    There's a native function I need to call (I called it 'aPrintf' in
>> the code below) with a specific calling convention:
>>
> I wondering , why you prefer using string formatting in C, while in
> smalltalk you have own? You can easily format strings in smalltalk,
> and print only the resulting string w/o need in inventing safe schemes
> or conversion.

Hi Igor, nice to see you again!

I knew this was going to happen :)

It was just an example, I'm not using string formatting. The actual
function I'm calling is the callout interface for OpenFirmware, through
which OpenFirmware provides services to the booted operating
system. Pretty much like BIOS' INT mechanism, but much more
powerful.

   richie