[squeak-dev] Re: Advice from Plugin gurus

Gerardo Richarte gera at corest.com
Mon Sep 22 18:36:15 UTC 2008

Thanks Eliot, Adreas, Igor and Nicolas!

this is what I didn't want to accept, and your answers where very clear
(specially Andreas).

nicolas cellier wrote:
> He said arguments type was not fixed, but would depend on service
requested
> in first argument as I understand it.

right, that's the issue.

> So the same function has different interfaces.
> Would you suggest the solution is as simple as declaring the same function
> with several interfaces?

I think I'll try both things. I liked a lot Nicolas interpretation of
Eliot's suggestion. It will definitely work (calling the same function
from different places with different prototypes).

Also the alloca() is very easy, and straightforward to convert my code
to it, I'll
give it a try first.

    again, thanks a lot!
    richie