[squeak-dev] Re: Advice from Plugin gurus

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Sep 23 14:40:13 UTC 2008

Am 22.09.2008 um 11:36 schrieb Gerardo Richarte:

> nicolas cellier wrote:
>> He said arguments type was not fixed, but would depend on service
> requested
>> in first argument as I understand it.
>
> right, that's the issue.

If that is indeed the issue then just construct the FFI call on the
fly. The <cdecl> declaration is just syntactic sugar. You can as well
create an FFI function object, add parameters, and call it.

Others: the actual function Gera tries to wrap is the OpenFirmware
client interface:

http://www.firmworks.com/www/clntintf.htm

for some ia32 details see

http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-kernel/2008/4/21/1522284

Example code calling back into OFW is here:

http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=olpc-2.6;a=blob;f=arch/x86/kernel/ofw.c

So this is the primitive we want to have ...

- Bert -