[squeak-dev] [Question] How do I use the OmniBrowser?

David Röthlisberger squeak at webcitas.ch
Wed Sep 24 09:40:02 UTC 2008

Hi Hannes,

> - I use Squeak 3.10.2
> - I have installed OmniBrowser-Morphic version 0.5 through the package
> "Universe".

Better load OmniBrowser-Full version 0.24, it contains all packages you need to start
and use OmniBrowser. OmniBrowser-Morphic is just one of three required packages:
OmniBrowser, OmniBrowser-Standard and OmniBrowser-Morphic. You might also want to
load OB-Enhancements, but this is not required.

When you have loaded these package, you can open an OmniBrowser with World -> open ->
class browser.
Or by executing this code:
OBSystemBrowser open.

> Question: Is there other documentation on the OmniBrowser available?
> (The documentation above is comprehensive, it describes the design of
> the OmniBrowser framework and three applications. So in particular some
> installation notes would be appreciated.)

There is some little additional information available at various places, but it's
probably not update...
So currently the best is to ask in the mailing list...
We indeed need to write better documentation about OB, this is very true.

Cheers,
David