[squeak-dev] [Question] How do I use the OmniBrowser?

David Röthlisberger squeak at webcitas.ch
Tue Sep 30 19:02:54 UTC 2008

> Is Object>>break mentioned anywhere in Squeak documentation? I never
> knew about it until now.  It also has no senders (for somewhat obvious
> reasons), so there would be no problem changing it to something else
> like #breakpoint.

That's true.
btw, the browser uses it when choosing 'toggle break on entry' for a method.

> Even without that, though, I don't think there's a real issue here.
> If you're inside canvas code and want a breakpoint, use some other
> receiver - the comment in the #break method itself uses "nil break" as
> an example.

Right, but still, the two methods shouldn't have the same name. I look
at #break as at #halt which I can also send to any receiver to get what
I want.
But sending #breakpoint instead of #break would be fine for me.

David