[squeak-dev] Recover image from core dump?

David Farber dfarber at numenor.com
Wed Apr 1 21:26:15 UTC 2009

Does anyone on the list know if it is possible to reconstruct an
image from a core dump?  The core file is in standard ELF format.  My
data is clearly in there, but I don't know enough about ELF to know
how to re-stitch everything together.  And would a re-stitched image
be usable (i.e. valid)?

If that approach simply won't work, does any one have any ideas/
suggestions on how I can go about retrieving object data directly
from the core dump itself.  There are three Collections worth of data
(we're talking 10s of kilobytes, less than 500 individual ojects)
that I need to retrieve.

Yeah, I *really* need to get this data.

Thanks,
David