[squeak-dev] Debugger/Inspector error

Martin Beck martin.beck at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Apr 8 08:55:31 UTC 2009

Hi there,

I have some problems with the debugger. For example, debug into the
following line of code:

Dictionary>>#values valueWithReceiver: Dictionary new arguments: Array new.

When I finally step into Dictionary>>#values, another Debugger window
pops up, saying that Dictionary does not understand #numLiterals.

This seems to be, because the Debugger embeds two inspectors, one for
the receiver and one for the current context. However, the receiver
inspector is not exchanged for every new receiver object but instead
(for optimization purposes I think) rebound to another inspector class
by using #primitiveClassChangeTo:.

However, with

CompiledMethodInspector new inspect: Dictionary new.

this obviously does not work, because the class formats of the compiled
method and the dictionary inspectors are different.

Is this fixed somehow anywhere? This happens in a Squeak
3.10.2-7179-basic out-of-the-box image.

Regards,
Martin