[squeak-dev] looking for papers/anecdotes/slide-decks on variable typing vs value typing

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Apr 9 22:17:36 UTC 2009

I'm giving a talk in two weeks on the advantages of value typing (aka duck
typing or late binding) vs variable typing (aka compile-time typing or [ugh]
"strong typing").  I'll certainly be drawing on my nearly-four-decade
experience of programming, but if any of you have a favorite paper
or slide deck or anecdote to share in this area, please point me.
I'll make the result available under a generous license.  Thanks.