[squeak-dev] Squeak soundless on Ubuntu. Who will fix it?

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 11 07:25:03 UTC 2009

Hi Chris,

That sounds like the problem.

So is there someone in the community willing to take responsibility for getting this fixed in the distribution? Please?

[squeak-dev] Re: Squeak soundless on Ubuntu
Chris Kassopulo ckasso at sprynet.com
Sat Apr 11 06:34:04 UTC 2009

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 20:25:40 -0700, Jerome Peace wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I recently installed Squeak 3.9 on Ubuntu from squeak.org distribution.
> None of the sounds work in any of the images started with the squeak
> command.
>
> I had previously installed Etoys from the Squeakland distribution and I
> have no problem with hearing that.
>
> Whats different?
>
> Yours in curiosity and service, --Jerome Peace

Chris replied:

Hi Jerome,

Maybe related to
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/squeak-vm/+bug/235146

Look to see if have the vm-sound-ALSA plugin.

Chris