[squeak-dev] Pharo:: Re: Cuis update

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 19:55:32 UTC 2009

Hi Sophie,

i'm not an authority in Pharo development, but I can try to give an
incomplete answer:
- yes, Pharo people are certainly interested in Cuis achievements;
- no, I doubt they restart all the hard work having taken place last 9
months or so.

Main Pharo delay is due to integrating changes about Unicode and
Eliot's BlockClosure that are both seen as major features.
I think it is a wise decision, and anyway intermediate 0.1 releases are usable.
... and I don't think these particular features are in Cuis.

Another question is how can progress in various squeak branches be shared...
Keith's Installer/Sake/Bob framework should provide some tools to help.
But I doubt there is an easy answer. Hard work and sweat...

cheers

Nicolas