[squeak-dev] Re: Pharo:: Re: Cuis update

Bèrto ëd Sèra berto.d.sera at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 16:45:46 UTC 2009

Hi!

Many people are not on IRC (I for sure am not). But to the best of my
> knowledge, all of these problems have been addressed. Your mail is a perfect
> example for the problems though; since I don't have a russian windows system
> I can't really test whether anything is broken! That's why reporting these
> issues, even if briefly ("I just tried your latest VM and it still seems to
> have problem x, y, or z") is so important.

I should think (it actually reads "I do hope") that a localised path with
umlauts could break it much in the same way, at least, what Markus wrote
makes me hope it should. It's definitely a problem to verify each possible
combination, and I'm so far not even venturing into imagining how you can
make an Hebrew or Arabic interface for people who may need RTL rendered
GUIs. I have a mixed Russian/English system now on Ubuntu and I still have
my wife's vista laptop in Russian, so whenever you guys have a candidate
release I can verify it in some 10 minutes. Sadly I won't have much spare
time until late summer, but I can always find 10 minutes to make a simple
test.

> For sure. But friends help and let you know what's broken ;-)

Deal :)

Berto