[squeak-dev] Monticello design question

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Fri Apr 17 15:26:36 UTC 2009

Hi Andreas,

This is only a speculation. If I remember correctly, there was the
idea that Monticello could be used not only to version and merge code
but other objects as well, e.g. instances of a business object model.
As far as I know, no one took that route. However, maybe this was the
reason why the definition model was not modelled more closely after
the code model.

As for the potential impact of such a change: Sorry, I cannot help you
there.

Cheers,
- Bernhard