[squeak-dev] Keyboard layout in Cuis

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Fri Apr 17 18:35:06 UTC 2009

Bernhard Pieber wrote:
> Hi Juan,
>
> I tried to enter some text in a workspace in Cuis today and it seems
> that the keyboard layout is Spanish. Can this be changed easily? If
> yes, I'd be thankful for a hint. I'd need some German umlauts. Thanks!
>
> - Bernhard
Hi Bernhard,

Cuis (and I believe all versions of Squeak) knows nothing about keyboard
layout. I'm a native Spanish speaker, and I can't enter Spanish
characters in Cuis!

The problem is that Squeak (at least 3.7, from where Cuis was forked)
uses MacRoman encoding for chars 128-255, and the DejaVu font I included
uses ISO 8859-1. I need to make that consistent.

I'll fix this during this weekend.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich