[squeak-dev] Re: [vwnc] Any good starting points for a slot car layout program?

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 02:25:43 UTC 2009

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 6:24 PM, brett <dragoncity at aanet.com.au> wrote:

> Hi Eliot,
> I think you'd be better off using a CAD program, many have add-ons that
> might do exactly what you want, without the problems of trying to
> 'drive' the Smalltalk graphics modules , *unless* that's really what you
> want to do :-)

What I really want to do is a) create an easy to use user interface
(everything else I've seen sucks) and b) create "scale models" of real
tracks from Google earth images.  To do both of these I'd rather have the
source (and hence I'd rather have Smalltalk source) than live with a caned
program.

So I could start with FreeCAD but 3D is perhaps overkill.