[squeak-dev] Class definition and ChangeSets

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 23:46:21 UTC 2009

2009/4/27 Jerome Peace <peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I am one of those holdouts, still doing my squeak developing with change sets instead of MC.
>
> At a point in my project I decided to clean up by switching to a new change set.
>
> I am not sure what I did. I ended up with a new change set with all the methods for the classes I need. Problem was the class definitions were missing. Left behind.
>
> So the only way I can load the new stuff is to load all the old stuff first.
>
> Curiously, I can not find where a change record is made for the class definition. It does not appear in the dual change sorter. And the sorter does not offer me a way to move just the class definition from one side to the other.
>
> I've tried inspecting the change set (from the second menu) and from there explored the dictionary of changes. I saw nothing that looked like the definition change record. What am I missing?
>
> I would like to know how to solve this problem within the realm of changeset development. Answers, even clues will be appreciated.

Thats why i don't use .cs for tracking my code. :)

In my changesorter i see class name and mention that its definition are changed.
But couple of times i vent to same problem which you described.
A class change is listed in changesorter, but i unable to see, what
concrete are changed (there's only a note that its changed).

I hope DeltaStreams will leave all these problems behind.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.