[squeak-dev] HowTo for isqueak isntallation?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue Apr 28 22:43:50 UTC 2009

(a) Check out the SVN tree at http://svn.isqueak.org/vm/

(b) take the Squeak1.09b5ish.app.zip or later from my website to get
the image and changes file

(d) confirm you can build a VM

If there is a problem with the above let me know and I will fix it,
since you should be able to compile/deploy the isqueak app

Going forward you will need to load the latest objective C bridge 2 MC
sets and generate a new ObjectiveCPlugin.c
if you load "ObjectiveC-Base-John_M_McIntosh.37" since that added some
new calls for performance reasons.
I don't think you need to generate a new plugin for .36 or lower...

There are no samples for what to do next that I've seen, however do
you need some consulting help?

You can check out

http://www.mobilewikiserver.com for an overview of what you can
control from squeak in relationship to the UIKit.

--
=
=