[squeak-dev] Sunit bug ?

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 30 09:22:57 UTC 2009

> The second part too. Because the implementation of self available
> (object side method):
>
> -------------------------
> isAvailable
>     "override to provide information on the
>     readiness of the resource"
>
>     ^true
> -------------------------

This method is just a place holder, if your resource (e.g. database) may
not be available then it will be overridden
> Ok, you can override and change this method in subclasses, however,
> the first part is ALWAYS true.
>
> Is this correct ? or isAvailable should be:
>
> isAvailable
>     ^ self current isAvailable

I cant think of any reason why not. Except that the setter #current: is
defined, implying that someone might use that to set it to nil. Therefor
I would propose removing the setting and doing it your way...

in squeaksource/Testing

Name: SUnit-kph.119
Author: kph
Time: 30 April 2009, 10:21:58 am
UUID: 31103250-f994-4e96-aabd-139e2a331799
Ancestors: SUnit-kph.118

#isAvailable tidied
Removed setter #current:

Keith