[squeak-dev] Cuis updated to #0250

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 14:59:14 UTC 2009

On Saturday 01 Aug 2009 6:07:38 pm Juan Vuletich wrote:
> K. K. Subramaniam wrote:
> > I didn't see any Text editor in the World menu or 'open..' menu. I was
> > able to create a new TextMorph and edit it.
>
> World / open / text editor. Or alternatively 'Stuff'edit.
Mea Culpa. I was using an older version :-(.

#edit is a neat idea. It can be consistently applied to any unlocked morph
(e.g. LineMorph, PolygonMorph, SketchMorph etc.). Shift-click and edit Halo
handle can be tied to this message. The message can be ignored by locked
morphs (e.g. labels).

> Yes. But that is due to another change I did. If you hold the button
> down for a little, you get the right-click menu. This is very useful for
> PDA and other pen based systems, and it actually mimics the behavior of
> such systems (at least that of my old WinCE pda).
Nice feature. But a hold (tap and wait) is different from a click. Shouldn't
the event be handled in TextEditor>>mouseUp: where the waiting time can be
checked?

BTW, In PluggableTextMorph>>keystroke: there is a typo "keywtroke" in
comments.

Subbu