[squeak-dev] Re: Text Editors

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Mon Aug 3 17:35:15 UTC 2009

Andreas Raab wrote:
> Juan Vuletich wrote:
>> I have the new fonts working in Squeak 3.10.2. All I need to do now
>> is to encode the forms as you say, and upload my stuff.
>
> Wonderful!
>
>> I've just downloaded
>> http://ftp.squeak.org/current_development/Squeak3.10.2-build/latest/090628-1523_Squeak3.10.2-build.zip
>> and didn't find #base64Encoded and #base64Decoded in it. I guess I
>> need to update to the latest trunk, right?
>
> This isn't the right starting point. The easiest way to get going is
> to fetch the image from
> http://squeakvm.org/win32/release/Squeak-3.10.2-trunk.zip and in there
> just hit the "Load code from server" button. (I need to find out how
> to get a version up on squeak.org).

Great. Thanks.

>> Are there some step by step guide on how to update from the trunk,
>> and how to later update it with my changes? (I've already followed
>> the directions in my invitation to be a core developer). I haven't
>> used Monticello in the last 4 years or so...
>
> Updating from the trunk is easy enough, and assuming that you have a
> change set, all you need is to file it in and push it back into the
> trunk. The trunk has been set up so that you can just update after
> pushing a new version.
>
> Let me know if you have any problems.

Ok. I updated my image to latest, loaded the code and tried to update
the trunk but I got:

'HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 17:06:47 GMT
Server: Comanche/6.2 (unix)
WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="The Trunk"
Connection: close<h1>Authentication Failed</h1>'

I sent the mail requesting access today, and it seems I need to wait to
be authorized to save. Do I need to wait for a confirmation email
telling me I'm able to write?

In any case, if you want to see it right now, just download
http://www.jvuletich.org/Squeak/Misc/EnhancedStrikeFonts.zip . I only
included DejaVu 9 Book / Bold / Oblique / BoldOblique. This font is
great for code. If people wants, I can build any other sizes.

One last question. After loading all the packages, it would be great to
evaluate 'StrikeFont installDejaVu'. Is there some way to evaluate it
only after all 3 packages are loaded? Knowing the load order would be an
option...

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich