[squeak-dev] Re: Text Editors

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Aug 3 18:32:21 UTC 2009

Juan Vuletich wrote:
>> Let me know if you have any problems.
>
> Ok. I updated my image to latest, loaded the code and tried to update
> the trunk but I got:
>
> 'HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
> Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 17:06:47 GMT
> Server: Comanche/6.2 (unix)
> WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="The Trunk"
> Connection: close<h1>Authentication Failed</h1>'
>
> I sent the mail requesting access today, and it seems I need to wait to
> be authorized to save. Do I need to wait for a confirmation email
> telling me I'm able to write?

You should be able to do that now. Ken has added you to the core-dev
group. In order to tell Monticello about the authentication, select the
repository "http://source.squeak.org/trunk" and choose "edit repository
info" from the context menu. In there, you can give your user name (jmv)
  and the proper password. That should be all.

> In any case, if you want to see it right now, just download
> http://www.jvuletich.org/Squeak/Misc/EnhancedStrikeFonts.zip . I only
> included DejaVu 9 Book / Bold / Oblique / BoldOblique. This font is
> great for code. If people wants, I can build any other sizes.
>
> One last question. After loading all the packages, it would be great to
> evaluate 'StrikeFont installDejaVu'. Is there some way to evaluate it
> only after all 3 packages are loaded? Knowing the load order would be an
> option...

Yes. The load order is defined by the configuration used. If you point
Monticello to http://source.squeak.org/trunk and then "browse"
update-ar.8.mcm you can see in which order the packages will be updated.
If this order is not appropriate for you, then do this:
* Make sure your image is updated
* Post your packages into the trunk
* Browse update-ar.8.mcm
* Move the package(s) that you need to change up or down so it's in the
right load order
* Click on "Update>>Update from Image" in the MCM browser (all packages
are now current in the configuration)
* Choose "Store" from the MCM browser
* Give it the name "update-jmv.9"
* Select the trunk repository to save it in
This will put a new configuration with a different load order in place.

Cheers,
   - Andreas