[squeak-dev] Re: [etoys-dev] Installing Etoys and Squeak on Ubuntu 9.04

ebellani at gmail.com ebellani at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 22:31:22 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 5:31 PM, Ricardo Moran<richi.moran at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks David and Bert. I uninstalled Squeak and Etoys and re-installed the
> Squeakland package. Then I searched the etoys script and find out how to
> open my image with the correct vm. Everything is working now :)

There is also a problem with the sound of both etoys(the one downloaded from squeakland)
and squeak. (try it executing the code: Beeper beep.)

To fix it I did this this with etoys:
sudo gedit /usr/bin/etoys

go to line  12
add this
-vm sound=OSS
so the resulting line would be:

VMOPTIONS="-encoding UTF-8 -plugins $BIN -vm-display-x11 -vm sound=OSS"

--
Eduardo Bellani

www.cnxs.com.br

Someone once called me "just a dreamer"
That offended me, the "just" part.
Being a dreamer is hard work.
It really gets hard when you start believing in your dreams.
--Doug Engelbart