[squeak-dev] Re: [etoys-dev] Installing Etoys and Squeak on Ubuntu 9.04

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Tue Aug 4 14:23:21 UTC 2009

Bert wrote:

> If anyone wants to fix this for real, the ticket is
>
> http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7328

(1)

Thanks for the link.  Will the workaround be in the next Squeakland
version of /usr/bin/etoys ?

(2)

What benefits are there from maintaining ALSA or PulseAudio support in
the VM?   As far as I know they are specific to Linux(*), while OSS
(Open Sound System) works on most Unix except Mac OS X.

Which sound interface does the OLPC XO (and Sugar) need?

Best, David

(*) I just read that PulseAudio was ported to some non-Linux
platforms, but that at least one leading Linux distributions only got
it working in 2009.