[squeak-dev] Squeakfest USA schedule

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Tue Aug 4 14:48:49 UTC 2009

Scott Wallace wrote:

> -- It's hard to imagine what other Smalltalk programming effort could
> have such far-reaching impact.  Thanks to the presence of Etoys on the
> olpc, the number of computers in the world which have Squeak installed
> on them is now huge.  So people who contribute software effort to the
> evolving Squeak Etoys image will be touching the lives of millions of
> children and other worthy users over the next couple of years.

I noticed two sessions:

= MON, AUG 10th =
 4pm .. Software Summit
Sit in on a Squeakland software team meeting and help plan the next
release of Etoys. The future of Squeak and Etoys will also be discussed.

= WED, AUG 12th =
 3 to 5pm: The Future of Etoys
A group discussion where we'll describe what we like best about Etoys,
what we'd like to change, and how we'd like to see Etoys and Squeakland
progress in the future.

This is something I am very interested in and it was unfortunate, though
very natural, that we did not have this kind of discussion in SqueakFest
Brazil (which had a more introductory focus). I hope that any
conclusions reached in these sessions will be made available in some
form.

Of course, Scott's own "Etoys Secrets" session will be another one that
I will be sorry to miss. Have fun, people!
-- Jecel