[squeak-dev] Re: [Ann] Enhanced StrikeFonts (antiAliasing, subPixel AA)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Aug 4 15:35:44 UTC 2009

Juan Vuletich wrote:
> I have just updated the trunk again. I added 12pt and set it as default
> for window titles (in bold). I also added 7pt. It takes little space and
> it is great for pdas or if you have sharp eyes.

Very cool. I noticed one small issue when I was trying to make screen
shots with the fonts: For black text, the resulting output doesn't seem
have the alpha channel set which leads to some odd effects like in the
attached image (notice however that the white-on-blue text looks fine).
You can kinda guess what it's supposed to look like when you load it
into Squeak and do a #fixAlpha on it but it would be good if we could
generate a "proper" alpha channel. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Cheers,
   - Andreas