[squeak-dev] Morphic Text Improvements

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Aug 5 07:17:29 UTC 2009

Folks -

With our pretty new fonts, I felt the need to include some of our older
text improvements and fixes. If you update from the trunk, you will
notice that:

a) Text now has a more regular blinking insertion point instead of the
virtually invisible something before.

b) Text displayed with a non-default style always uses the correct
default font; text copied and pasted between editors with different text
styles has no strange effects on the text size.

c) The line height of empty text is correct (for example in
FillInTheBlanks - this is much more noticable with blinking cursors).

I don't expect any fallout with these changes because they've been used
quite a while and are pretty solid, but since text behavior can
sometimes have odd side effects, please keep an eye open and let me know
if you find any strange behavior.

Enjoy,
   - Andreas