[squeak-dev] Tracking local changes

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 15:58:03 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 4:20 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>wrote:

> On 06.08.2009, at 11:46, Göran Krampe wrote:
>
>  I am trying to spend my little time on DS
>>

> One issue in the trunk dev model with current Monticello is that it's
> impossible to have my own local "pet" modifications, because when I upload a
> new package snapshot all my local modifications get submitted. How are
> others dealing with that? Am I right that delta streams might solve this
> problem?
>
> - Bert -

I keep a personal image with my modifications in it, and commit these local
modifications to a scratch repository.  When I want to submit something to
trunk I open a trunk image, load in the changes I want from the scratch
repository or via a change set and the ChangeList and submit from the trunk
image.  I then merge with the trunk package in my personal image.

Eliot